Find A Session
There are four parts to emotional intelligence (EI): self-awareness and self-management, which are the basis of leading yourself; and social awareness and relationship management, which are essential for leading others. Strengths in all four parts are the basis of high performance leadership. Within each of the four parts of EI there are learned abilities, or competencies, that are crucial for outstanding leadership. For instance, for self-management some of the learned leadership abilities are: emotional balance, adaptability, and positive outlook. This presentation will:
- Describe in detail the 12 crucial EI competencies.
- Show how weakness in a competency causes troubles in leadership.
- Explore what research has found about the unique contribution of these EI competencies to high performance leadership.
- Share examples of leaders with strengths in various competencies.
- Explain how to develop strength in the EI competencies.