Find A Session
To avoid bad hiring decisions, organizations are utilizing pre-employment background screening as a risk management tool. However, background checks are increasingly subject to litigation including class actions, legislation and regulation. You need a strategy to comply with your due diligence obligations, the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), allegations of discrimination and the “Ban the Box” laws. This session will audit key areas of legal compliance to help you hire the best while avoiding legal fallout. This session will:
- Review why employers utilize criminal records in order to promote due diligence.
- Help you understand the sources of criminal records and how they are located and reported.
- Help you understand the impact of the EEOC Guidance and “Ban the Box” laws on the on the use of criminal records.
- Show you why re-entry programs can help you and why they are important to society as a whole.
- Show you how to audit your current practices for legal compliance and best practices.