From “Zero” to “Hero” in One Year: How One Mid-Size Company Changed the Face of Benefits
Monday 06/18/2018 04:00 PM - 05:15 PM
1.25 SHRM PDCs
| Competencies: Leadership & Navigation, HR Expertise, Business Acumen
| Intended Audience: Senior-Level
You will learn the steps to build a comprehensive cost-saving, wellness-driven health benefits program in as little as one year.
We know what it takes to build a fully integrated wellness-based benefits program that works, but few organizations take the steps to make it work or only take some steps and wonder why it doesn't work. This session will walk you through the steps one mid-size company took to go from a traditional benefits program with annual double-digit increases to a total culture of wellness that saved the company over $1M in the first year alone. You will learn:
- How to assess company culture for readiness to take on a comprehensive wellness approach by including employees as partners in working towards controlling healthcare costs.
- What resources are available and should be included in the transformation from “traditional” to “strategic” benefits management.
- The step-by-step process to consider the move to self-insurance and the tools available to meet your financial goals.
- The systems, programs, momentum and communication strategies created to include both employees and spouses in the movement towards better health.
- Metrics used to measure, evaluate, decide and communicate the right blend of offerings to meet the needs of all your employees.
Presenter: Wade Larson
, Chief human resources officer ,