The First 90 Days Will Make or Break Your New Hire
Monday 06/18/2018 02:00 PM - 03:15 PM
1.25 SHRM PDCs
| Competencies: Relationship Management, Communication
| Intended Audience: Midlevel
You will learn new insights and practical guidelines for onboarding new employees to increase the engagement, retention and performance of your top talent.
Sixty-four percent of Millennials, who represent the largest generation in the US workforce, say they plan to leave their employer in the near-term because their expectations contrast so greatly to their actual experience. Effective onboarding mitigates this costly attrition threat and prepares employees of all generations for success. This session will take a critical look at the transition from recruiting to onboarding and will provide strategies for increasing engagement during the first 90 days and boosting long-term retention and performance. You will learn:
• Five successful strategies for integrating new employees into your organization and maximizing their retention and engagement.
• How to gain the buy-in and support for onboarding from your executives and line managers.
• Key phases and activities new employees should experience during the first 90 days.
• What really belongs in your New Employee Orientation program.
• 10 pitfalls to avoid when onboarding new hires.