Find A Session
The inclination facing every HR professional is to deal with what's right in front of you – that is, what's due today. And yes, sometimes you do have to take that “here and now” approach. But if you find days or weeks go by where you're only focused on tactical issues, you're doing your department, your company ,and your career a huge disservice. Companies that fail to innovate are finding it tougher and tougher to compete. Keeping pace with the demands of tomorrow requires an HR department that leads company-wide strategic initiatives. Your organization's very survival may well depend on it! Where are you on the strategic-thinking spectrum? If you're still lost in the details, it's time to step back and navigate the bigger picture. This session will show you:
· What it means to think and lead “strategically.”
· How to make the time to strategize when you're underwater already.
· How to focus on the 20% of your efforts that result in 80% of the benefits (and how to avoid falling
into the trap of doing a task simply because it's easy).
· The six facets of strategic thinking and where you are now on the spectrum and how to
improve in each area.
· How to go from business need to action and create an implementation plan for accomplishing
strategic issues you've identified.