Find A Session
The laws and regulations that affect employer sponsored health and welfare plans have exploded over the last several years. ERISA, the Internal Revenue Code, COBRA, FMLA, HIPAA, ACA (and maybe the AHCA) have all been complicated by new regulations and requirements. There are overriding policy considerations that apply to all of them. Yet, many benefits professionals have had episodic training in those rules with little view to seeing how they work together. This workshop will provide an overview and structure to better understand the various components of the laws and regulations, how they work together and bring some coherence to the whole. This workshop will help you understand:
- How utilizing the laws and regulations that govern employer sponsored health and welfare plans can lead to more effective plan design and administration.
- The laws and regulations that govern employer sponsored health and welfare plans.
- The policy underpinnings of the laws and regulations that govern employer sponsored health and welfare plans.
- How the policies driving the laws that govern employer sponsored health and welfare plans translates into effective administration of those plans.
- How to design plans that are compliant and serve the needs of your organization as well as your employees.