Find A Session
With ROI expectations higher than ever, the task of benefits plan design and implementation can be a tight wire of competing interests. While responding to regulatory, legal, demographic and executive demands in the scope of plan design can be daunting, the satisfaction of delivering a comprehensive and responsive benefits platform cannot be rivaled. This workshop is a two-part, highly interactive learning experience. In part I, you will explore benefit plan design and implementation, reinforcing your knowledge of benefits. Then, in part II, you will immediately apply this knowledge to real-world hypothetical benefit design situations in a team-based competition of strategy and tactics related to benefits plan design and implementation. The result of this two-part process is the reinforcement of a working knowledge of plan design schematics, built upon the practical experiences of conflict resolution and mitigation of impediments to total rewards implementation. This workshop will review:
- The basics of ERISA as well as the basics of Consumer-directed Plans and Cafeteria Plans.
- Receive an introduction to plan funding methodologies.
- The basics of the PPACA (including reporting and Cadillac tax review).
- Receive an introduction to HIPAA for plan sponsors (including health outcomes).
- Benefit considerations of the multigenerational workforce.