Find A Session
This session is divided into two “sections” with the first making the emotional case with photographs and videos that will give you the emotional reason for family support. You will learn what the on-site day care looks like; hear parents explaining the value of kids on campus; hear from employees who have gone through family crisis explain what it means when the company has their back; we listen to employees explain what it means when a company integrates family and work life. The second section will explain the business case and benefits that any company will enjoy from family support policies. This session will:
- Educate and inform you about the business value of family support policies.
- Inspire you to influence your organization to implement family support policies.
- Show you the numbers behind the tax benefits from on-site day care as well as the statistics of employee retention.
- Showcase that for the last five years an astonishing 100% of the women in Patagonia's workforce have returned to work after they had children. And they stay at work.
- Highlight how Patagonia's family support links directly to the company's low turn-over, and will see how the company benchmarks this in order to confirm the business value.
- Demonstrate the less tangible but equally, if not more important, benefits such as employee engagement and even company culture.