5 Steps to Convince Your Boss that #SHRM18 is the place to be.
We at SHRM do our best to ensure that your experience is equal parts educational and engaging, so that when you leave you’re informed, inspired, and equipped with practical, ready-to-implement solutions to solve your organizations greatest challenges.
For this to be possible, you first need to convince your boss that it’s worth it. If you’re looking for help with that message, you’ve come to the right place.
Step 1: Review and Map Out Your Session Planner
- What are you organizations greatest HR challenges? Engagement? Talent Acquisition and Retention?
- Use those challenges as your guide when selecting from the 200+ sessions.
- Now think like a marketer. Reiterate your top challenges to your boss and position SHRM’s Annual Conference & Exposition and the sessions you’ve planned out, as the roadmap to effectively navigate those challenges.
Step 2: Stress the Value of Investing in Your Education
- More than most professions, HR evolves at an almost unmanageable pace.
- Professional development opportunities to learn and interpret new trends and complicated legislation, like the newly released FLSA overtime regulations, are essential to remain current and compliant.
Step 3: Find Your Solution Providers
- With over 600 vendors exhibiting, there is no bigger or better place to find HR solutions.
- Whether you’re in the market for a new ATS, rewards programs, wellness strategies or beyond, the SHRM Exposition allows you to connect, learn more, and competitively price out all potential business partners to meet your existing and/or future needs.
Step 4: Complete the Request Letter
- If your boss prefers a written request for your professional development,we took the liberty of getting that started for you too. 2018 SHRM Letter Template.
- Feel free to tweak and customize as you see fit, but hopefully you’ll find this to be a great head start.
Step 5: Bring it All Home
- You’ll leave #SHRM18 empowered, energized, and informed.
- Commit to a post-conference briefing for staff so that best practices and tactics can be shared.
- Implement those ready-to-use strategies and tools you acquired and #SHRM18.
- Solidify your reputation as an HR Rockstar.