Find A Session
M.A.D.E. Transitional Services
Connect Online with this Speaker
Tarik Greene is the Co-Founder and Deputy Executive Director of M.A.D.E. Transitional Services where he oversees development of transitional services programs and strategic initiatives and partnerships. Tarik worked as the Offender Workforce Development Specialist and Assistant Disability Program Navigator at Rockland County’s One Stop Resource and Employment agency. Tarik’s extensive experience includes working with people who self-disclose diagnosis related to disabilities, and/or with people who are eligible for re-entry services. His responsibilities have included conducting intake and assessments of potential clients, assisting with the development of re-employment training plans, providing quality employment referrals and successfully placing people in employment programs.
Tarik is passionate about creating an interactive and enjoyable business environment, which supports meeting the needs of business partners, colleagues and clients, while ensuring that clients are held accountable for personal self-improvement and professional self-development. Tarik successfully engineered and implemented the Ready, Set, Work! Program at Rockland County’s One Stop agency and the Rockland County Correctional Center. He was also Governor Andrew Cuomo’s Liaison in Rockland County, to the Work for Success Statewide Program.in 2015
Under his leadership, Tarik has undertaken several initiatives, including:
- Created and implemented Rockland County’s first Second Chance Job Fair focused on hiring formerly incarcerated individuals
- Training Department of Labor & Workforce One staff to certify as offender employment specialists
- Creating viable community partnerships with agencies such as: ACCES-VR, Division of Criminal Justice Services, National Institute of Corrections, Office of the Mayor in Nyack NY, STAQ College, and the Rockland County District Attorney’s Office.
- Serving as a contributing member of the Rockland Employment Network
- Serving as board member on the Rockland County Executives ATI Advisory Board
- Serving as a critical member of the Rockland County Judicial Committee for Youth, designed to provide first-time youth offenders with alternatives to incarceration