As SHRM’s charity organization, the SHRM Foundation’s goal is to elevate HR as a social force that impacts work, workers and the workplace. We’ll be out in full force at #SHRM19 and we invite you to join us at the following events:
|SHRM Foundation Brunch||Veterans at Work Event||4th Annual Step Challenge|
SHRM Foundation Brunch
New this year, there is no better way to kick-off your 2019 SHRM Annual Conference & Exposition experience than a fun and festive brunch with industry leaders, hosted by the SHRM Foundation.
The SHRM Foundation is empowering HR professionals to be a social force, both in their organizations and in their community, through our innovation grants, scholarships and Veterans at Work initiative. We're so excited to share our success with you at brunch and give you a sneak peek into what we've got planned for the future.
Each of us has the power to making Better Workplaces, Better World and because of the generosity of our donors, the SHRM Foundation can help get you started. Learn more and get connected at the #SHRM19Brunch - all are invited!
Sunday, June 23, 2019
10:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
RESERVE YOUR SEAT
To host a table and/or learn about sponsorship opportunities for this event, please contact Ashlee.Smith@shrm.org.
SHRM Foundation Veterans at Work Event
Veterans are valuable members of our workforce,
and HR professionals are the key to recruitment, hiring and retention.
The SHRM Foundation is hosting a one-day event to provide HR professionals with resources and mentorship to support their work to build or strengthen a veteran employment program. This free one-day event is made possible thanks to support from USAA and JPMorgan Chase.
Veterans at Work: Activating Veteran Employment
Best Practices from the Best in the Business
Saturday, June 22, 2019
8:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
HR professionals are encouraged to apply to participate in this free event, which will be limited to 50 attendees. During the event, attendees will learn the best practices to build a veteran employment program, and receive mentorship from leaders at award-winning organizations that are driving veteran employment.
To learn more about the SHRM Foundation's Veterans at Work initiative, visit: shrmfoundation.org/veterans.
Thank you to our sponsors:
Join the 4th Annual Step Challenge at SHRM19
The SHRM Foundation will host its 4th annual Step Challenge at #SHRM19!
Conference attendees are invited to participate in this 24 hour Step Challenge by:
- Joining one of the 10 Step Challenge teams
- Tracking your steps from Monday, June 24 at 12:01 p.m. P.T. through Tuesday, June 25 at 11:59 a.m. P.T. (24 hour Step Challenge)
- Celebrating the winning team with the highest average step count
Step Challenge participants can track their steps by:
- Using your Fitbit device
- Using the MobileTrack tracking system available in the Fitbit app
- Using another step-tracking device and logging your steps manually into the Fitbit app
Be sure to follow along with #SHRM19Steps on social media!
Team Captain list for #SHRM19
- Paula Harvey: HR Awesomeness
- Pat Lund: Pat’s Pitter Patters
- Jeff Luttrell: Jeff’s Talent Seekers
- Mandy Woulfe: PacWest Is Best!
- Faith Stipanovich: Faith’s Foundation Friends
- John Young: Southwest Central Steppers
- Amanda Brunson: Young and Hungry for Steps
- Jeff Palkowski: Marchers4HR
- Carlos Escobar: Los’ Super Duper Step Squad
- Gloria Sinclair Miller: HeaRt and Sole
Need help deciding which team to step with? Meet this year’s team captains.