Most HR professionals will tell you the least favorite part of their job is terminating employees. Severing someone's employment relationship is an emotional and laborious process that requires careful planning and thought. Having been involved in almost 100 terminations, join Dr. Melanie Peacock as she shares lessons learned and insights gained through these experiences. You will receive practical tools and strategies to ensure that employee terminations are carried out in the most effective, efficient and humane manner.
- A review of why terminating employees is a critical, yet difficult, part of an HR professional's role.
- An overview of common problems encountered during the termination process and how to avoid them.
- Responses to common questions regarding the termination process such as when to do this, who should be involved and what should happen during the meeting.
- An explanation of the termination planning process including a checklist to thoroughly prepare.
- An overview of critical actions that should be enacted after the termination process.