*This program requires preregistration. Registration includes the post conference virtual session. Additional fees apply.
**This program is associated with a SHRM U.S. Employment Immigration Specialty Credential and will fulfill the Educational Program component.
Gain a high-level understanding of concepts and principles used when recruiting and retaining global high-skilled talent. Identify opportunities and limitations of the U.S. immigration system as related to employment. Learn how to maintain compliance with relevant U.S. immigration laws and regulations. Through a final practicum, demonstrate the essential skills required to identify and define key considerations when hiring or retaining a foreign national.
This program is designed to provide you with the knowledge and skills necessary to:
• Describe basic immigration terms and concepts and how they apply to the hiring process for U.S. residents and foreign nationals.
• Identify when to use immigrant and non-immigrant visas to manage the visa process and comply with federal laws and regulations associated with temporary and regular employment of foreign professionals.
• Define the I-9 employment verification process and incorporate best practices.
• Comply with federal auditing guidelines and legal requirements.
• Identify and define key considerations when hiring a foreign national by participating in various scenarios via a practical lab.