Find A Session
You have the unique opportunity to spearhead projects that can directly impact your company's bottom line (from global outsourcing to workplace analytics to companywide change management initiatives), and managing them can be challenging (especially if they span multiple divisions, time zones and countries). To lead, your project management skills must be at their peak and at the ready. This interactive workshop prepares you for success with in-depth, step-by-step instructions and tools for managing and executing projects big or small, delivering results, and meeting budget and schedule deadlines.
- Essentials of project management: in-depth analysis of pre-project planning; identifying goals, deliverables and requirements; creating a work breakdown structure (illustrating what needs to be accomplished, in what order and when); developing comprehensive time and cost estimates that fit within your organization's financial objectives; targeting messages to influence and gain support of key stakeholders.
- Defining deliverables in financial terms that senior leaders care about—and will pay attention to.
- Developing metrics to determine the best employees (in terms of organizing and inventory skills, knowledge, personality and previous experience) for your project team to meet its defined goals.
- Conducting comprehensive analysis (risk probability versus impact) to predict the likeliest causes for project derailment and delays, then planning for and overcoming those challenges.
- Easy-to-implement project planning and management tools: gap and SWOT analyses; fishbone/cause-and-effect diagrams; goal breakdown structure diagram; RACI matrix; and Gantt charts.
- Organizing and tracking software tools: Microsoft Project and/or Excel; mind-mapping software; SharePoint; Smartsheet; and Basecamp.