Find A Session
With a Democratic House of Representatives, the dynamics for employment-based immigration and prospects for legislation are shifting. This session will discuss legislation that could impact the ability of HR professionals to access global talent and administrative actions that have and could soon impact the U.S. immigration process, including the Buy American Hire American Executive Order (BAHA), and sub-regulatory measures affecting H-1Bs and other visas.
- Understand Trump administration efforts to add more scrutiny for employment-based immigration, including policy memoranda directing USCIS adjudicators to scrutinize H-1B petitions more closely, challenge eligibility for H-1B benefits more often, and increase enforcement through audits and investigations.
- Understand the recent proposal to revamp the H-1B lottery by creating an electronic registration process and the impact that would have on H-1B cap filing season.
- Understand the prospects for a Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) solution and how Democratic immigration priorities could impact any employment-based immigration reforms coming from Capitol Hill.
- Identify the costs, opportunities, and risks associated with job candidates requiring immigration sponsorship.
- Respond strategically to government challenges (Requests for Evidence) to sponsorship applications while reducing costs and increasing speed to market
- Evaluate the soundness of, and recommend action with regard to, corporate compliance programs/obligations, including I-9/E-Verify, LCA, and PERM, in order to help your organization be best prepared for government audits and investigations.