Find A Session
As a leader, you are frequently expected to manage and obtain results from people and situations over which you lack managerial authority (you don't have it or can't use it, in the traditional sense of “do as I say”). To create win/win solutions, learn how to quickly find each person’s personal motivators and align your goals with them. Ask empowering questions of people, to help them discover unknown resources, solve their own problems, and take ownership of the solutions.
- Get enthusiastic buy-in for HR initiatives from internal and external stakeholders by aligning your initiatives with their natural motivators.
- Motivate staff and others to enthusiastically support your vision and goals (without changing them) by customizing your approach.
- Create win/win solutions to problems by uncovering shared objectives, even when there don't appear to be any.
- Influence leadership and staff at all levels—including those who are naturally change-resistant—to support organizational change.
- Overcome objections and resistance by using the counterintuitive strategy of agreeing, rather than arguing.