Find A Session
The future of work will involve the employment of a lot more external, contingent, contract and temporary workers. Many companies say could not operate without external employees and rely on them extensively to meet business needs; their use is expected to grow in almost every industry. A large-scale research project conducted by SHRM and SAP SuccessFactors explores the key challenges created by increasing reliance on external workers. Review the findings and learn how to build a strong culture that integrates internal and external workers in a way that maximizes collaboration and minimizes conflict.
- Questions to ask and factors to consider when discussing when and how to use external workers, with the C-suite, operations leaders, managers and independent contributors.
- The different types of external workers, their motives and career goals.
- How to source, select, hire, onboard, engage, develop and motivate high-quality external workers without creating legal risk.
- The role of technology in the ability to efficiently manage and transition external workers into and out of the organization.
- Handling turnover and knowledge transfer.
- Impact on the attitudes of full-time employees.