Find A Session
As college costs rises faster than inflation and as student loan debt exceeds $1 trillion, managing the complex and ongoing student loan process is a significant concern for employees across all industries. Young professionals who recently left college are likely repaying undergraduate loans and figuring out how to pay for graduate school; mid-career professionals are repaying undergraduate and/or graduate loans and figuring out how to save for college for their elementary school children; mature professionals are figuring out how to pay for college for their high school children, without taking loans or sacrificing retirement security. This interactive session demonstrates the different ways HR departments can help employees manage student loan debt, before enrollment, during college, and after graduation, and offers answers to questions such as those below.
- What are employers doing to assist employees with student loan repayment?
- What are state legislatures and the federal government doing to provide employers with incentives to include student loan repayment as an employee benefit?
- What is the impact of student loan debt on employee mental health and productivity?
- What are the pros and cons of private loan consolidation?
- How can employees of nonprofit organizations have their loans forgiven?
- Can you have a student loan bill of zero dollars a month?
- Can you get free money for college by not going to college?