Find A Session
Understand workplace violence by examining the statistics, preventive measures, and tools for being aware of warning signs. Any organization and its management team will be able to enhance their workplace violence prevention program using the key steps and resources provided. Ideas include: open communication and sensitivity training for employees; prescreening and selection tips to lower the risk of negligent hiring; risk and threat assessment information; employee assistance programs; and handling terminations to reduce the threat of violence. The presenter will share her personal experience with tragedy at her company and lessons learned.
- Know the warning signs regarding employees who could act violently in the workplace.
- Train managers and employees to recognize warning signs and alert leaders.
- Conduct training on violence in the workplace.
- Develop and implement a workplace violence policy.
- Develop and implement hiring practices to reduce risk in hiring possible offenders.
- Conduct a workplace threat and risk assessment.