Find A Session
“Which bathroom do I use?” Have you or your supervisors received this question? Do you or they know how to respond? It is vitally important for you to train individuals on how to handle these and other sensitive situations and requests related to gender identity in the workplace. This session will explore various federal and state laws and regulations related to gender identity in the workplace, with a hyper focus on workplace washroom gender identity etiquette. We will outline various state-level bathroom bills, explore EEOC bathroom guidelines, and detail OSHA's guidelines on transgender employee access to restrooms. During this session you will:
- Learn the EEOC's & OSHA's respective positions with respect to gender identity in the workplace.
- Explore various state-level and local jurisdictional laws related to gender identity in the workplace.
- Understand how to respond to an employee expressing a gender identity concern in the workplace.
- Understand how to respond to co-workers of an individual expressing a gender identity concern.
- Learn how to respond to an individual expressing concern over well-being and safety when utilizing a particular gender identified washroom.