Find A Session
*This program requires preregistration. Additional fees apply.
In this two-day seminar, you will learn the importance of job analysis and how to use behavioral interviewing to ensure candidate selection aligns with the needs of the organization. Discover techniques for determining knowledge, skills, and abilities needed for a position and conducting effective and fair interviews. Gain insight into the debrief and selection process. Throughout the program, you will participate in hands-on exercises that will help guide you through activities such as identifying competencies and writing behavioral interview questions.
As a result of this seminar, participants will be able to:
- Articulate the importance of making good hiring decisions quickly and effectively.
- Define what a competency is, how to identify competencies for various positions, and how competencies relate to behavioral interviewing.
- Write behavioral interviewing questions that uncover if a candidate has the necessary competencies to succeed in the position and is a good fit for the organizational culture.
- Conduct an interview that is legal, fair, and well structured.
- Evaluate information obtained from an interview to select the best candidate.