New to HR
- A two-day SHRM Seminar that provides the most essential education you need to further your career;
- Ten concurrent sessions that cover the full range of HR topics from upcoming legislative issues you need to know to the basics of compensation;
- General Sessions with Blake Mycoskie, the founder of TOMS shoes; Dan Pink, the best-selling author of Drive; and the inspirational Mark Kelly and Gabby Giffords;
- Ample time for networking in the Exposition Hall and Networking Lounges; and
- A bit of entertainment with our Tuesday Night Show performer, Grammy Award-winner Kelly Clarkson.
The conference doesn't officially open until Sunday, but if your schedule permits, we suggest getting into Chicago one day early, on Saturday, June 15. You'll be able to take advantage of our exceptional Additional Learning opportunities, such as the SHRM Seminar suggested below, and you may even get a chance to spend a few hours exploring the city. We can't promise the weather will be perfect, but we can absolutely guarantee that the views will be spectacular.
Boost your Professional Potential
Visit http://annual.shrm.org/Seminars for the full listing of available programs
The SHRMStore is 10,000 square feet of HR books, videos, software, and DVDs. Here you can browse over 1,000 different new and best-selling products on a variety of topics such as state and federal legal compliance, compensation, harassment training, performance, HR metrics, social media, and more.
General Session with Blake Mycoskie
Attending the Annual Conference has limitless ways to boost your professional development; as a investment in learning, it can't be beat. But it's also immensely valuable as a networking opportunity. While you're in Chicago, you will be part of a community of HR professionals who share the same challenges, frustrations, and triumphs that you do, every day. Make sure there is ample room in your daily schedule to spend time with your peers, colleagues, and mentors. And don't forget, we provide plentiful online opportunities for networking - use our Twitter, Facebook, and Online Community site to meet your fellow attendees before, during, and after the conference.
Workplace Application: You will learn new ways of to align your recruiting function to your organization’s mission, goals, strategies and tactics.
Presenter: Gerry Crispin, SPHR, principal, CareerXroads, East Brunswick, N.J.
Take a Break
Presenter: Laura Stack, MBA, CSP, president & CEO, The Productivity Pro, Inc., Highlands Ranch, Colo.